7/22/10

Scrambled Eggs at Dome

Unlike most of my reviews, this review is about a single dish I had for breakfast one day at Dome Cafe. While waiting to be picked up, I decided to have an incredibly quick breakfast at the BSC's Dome branch. Dome Cafe is the first establishment you see to your left, when you arrive at the BSC main entrance. It is right opposite American Chili's.


I ordered the Scrambled Eggs with Toast worth about RM12.50, quite steep for a simple combination of eggs and toast. The dish took an unusually long time to arrive and I even had to remind the waiter that I was in a rush, though it finally came in the end.


The amount of eggs I was served was huge, though it only came with two half-pieces of toast which I deemed insufficient when compared to the serving of egg. The eggs looked appealing, though when I tasted it, I noticed that there was a little bit of inconsistency in the egg. Scrambled eggs should be of an even consistency - after all, they are meant to be scrambled.

The bread was toasted a bit too much for my liking, as I like my toast crispy outside and soft inside. This was crisp all the way through, and they didn't even provide jam - though I would imagine, if you asked for jam, they would give it to you. I didn't as I was in a hurry.

On the whole, my experience at Dome Cafe that day was an average one. The waiters were kind and I commend them for putting up with my frustration, with a smile. The dish on the other hand, seemed like a complete rip off for the price I paid. I could've made better eggs at home.


Presentation: 3/10

Ambiance: 6/10

Service: 7/10

Overall Taste: 4/10

General Impression: 5/10

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers,

BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment