7/12/10

Lunch at Lanna Thai

A friend and I decided to hang out before we were to part our ways for the summer, and Lanna Thai was our restaurant of choice for lunch. The restaurant is 17th shop-lot along Jalan Telawi 2 in Bangsar Baru.



At first glance, I was impressed with the ambiance of the place. It looked chic, warm and inviting. When I had settled in after being seated however, the question I had immediately had in mind was 'What the hell are they playing?' upon hearing songs by Westlife and ABBA - just to name a few.

I placed the music behind me, and placed my order for the set lunch, while my friend, being vegetarian that day, ordered Stir-fried Tofu with Oyster Sauce and Vegetables, and a bowl of white rice.


My Set Lunch worth RM 12.90 consisted of the above. The meat of the day was Fried Chicken topped with a Sweet Chilly Sauce. The chicken was a bit tough, but tasted succulent nonetheless. There was also too much sauce, which overpowered my taste-buds.

The Tom-Yam Soup was flavorful and had a lot of depth in it. It was slightly over-salted, but was definitely one of the better tom-yam's I've tasted in recent months. Deep Fried Anchovies are also provided on the side. These tasted like normal anchovies at corner stalls, though they were slightly sweeter.



The Kerabu Salad with peanuts was too sour, as it had too much of marinade which made it unbearable for me to eat, so I skipped that. Lastly, the Rice provided was a little bit hard and I felt it was slightly undercooked - only an ever so minor mistake in my eyes. My set also came with some Slices of Watermelon, which seemed fresh and were served nice and cold.



My friend's Stir-fried Tofu with Oyster Sauce and Vegetables costed RM11. The Japanese tofu was cooked well, though the oyster sauce lacked in flavor and tasted slightly bland. This had made the entire dish bland, though the portion given was of a reasonable amount for the price paid.

In my opinion, I think Lanna Thai is value for money when Set Lunches are concerned, with their overall quality fitting the price. There are also Set Dinners available and a reasonable variety on the A la Carte menu, some of which are priced quite reasonably.

I would definitely give Lanna Thai another chance when I have cravings for Thai food again as the staff were courteous, the ambience was chic and what the others were having seemed lip-smackingly delicious. Though based on this trip, my ratings for Lanna Thai would be:


Presentation: 6/10

Ambiance: 8/10

Service: 6/10

Overall Taste: 6/10

General Impression: 6/10

______________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers,

BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment