7/16/10

The Social in Bangsar

A friend and I met up one day, and we decided to have lunch at The Social since he was on a budget of RM20. The Social is located Right Next to Baskin Robins along Jalan Telawi 3. The fact that its located right opposite Bangsar Village II makes its location a prime one.

I had chosen The Social because it has various kinds of sets on offer. The sets are matched up with different prices, and so it is possible for one to come and enjoy a meal even when on a low budget, though the lunch items list lacked a bit of variety. I had chosen the 2 Course Set Lunch worth RM19.90.


As my friend was starving, he digged into his Fried Char Kwey Teow almost immediately after it came. I was declined a request to taste the dish. Looking at the dish, it did not seem appetizing as it lacked all the oil and grease that normal Kwey Teow would have - you see, I am more flavor conscious than health conscious.


Not long after, my starters had arrived - Nachos with Beef and Beans, Topped with Cheese, Guacamole and Sour Cream. The portion was generous, and the dish looked really appealing. It tasted great too, though the nachos were slightly over-salted and the amount of beef was insufficient.



For my main course, I chose the Club Sandwich with a side of Salad and Crisps. The portions were once again generous, though the sandwiches looked impossible to eat due to their sheer size.

The sandwich contained avocado, grilled chicken breast, fried egg, lettuce and tomato. I was disappointed with the fact that there was no cheese, but found the chicken tender, though slightly dry. The avocado complemented the chicken well. The thing that annoyed me was that the other vegetables were cut into small pieces, making the sandwich really hard to eat.

Furthermore, the bread that was given seemed stale, and the crisps given seemed like they had came out of a bag. I skipped out on the crisps. The salad was perfect. Simple in nature yet amazing in quality. There was a lemon twist to the mayonnaise, which was great. Who thought mayonnaise and salad leaves tasted so good?



The Social in Bangsar is a conveniently located restaurant right in the center of Bangsar. The service was good and the meal I had was real value for money, though I would recommend you to skip the Asian dishes and order the Western dishes instead. The carbonara that the woman opposite me was eating looked great, so maybe give that a try.


Presentation: 6/10

Ambiance: 6/10

Service: 7/10

Overall Taste: 6/10

General Impression: 7/10

_________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers,

BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment