7/3/10

Laksa at Basil Thai Nudle Bar

My uncle and I visited Basil today, a Thai restaurant located in Bangsar Village. I consider it a rule of thumb when visiting any restaurant, to never order the same two dishes as the more variety there is, the better. This time round however, we both had the same thing on our minds, which was the Thai Laksa with a Green Curry.


I was quite curious as to what Laksa with Green Curry exactly was, considering the fact that Laksa was never a Thai thing. When the dish arrived, I saw what they meant by the term. It was simply rice noodles served with a side of bean sprouts, half a full-boiled egg and a bowl of Thai green curry with aubergines, basil leaves and chicken pieces.


The next thing that struck me was - How the hell am I meant to eat this? The green curry was served in a bowl - right to the brim, while the rest of the dish was served on a plate. I had a feeling that green curry poured onto a pile of noodles would call for quite a messy meal. I was right, as I got a few stains on my shirt at the end of it all.


Though hard to eat, the dish which costs RM13.50 was quite good, though a bit too spicy for my taste. The green curry was of a nice consistency, with tender chicken pieces. The bean sprouts were crunchy and the egg, which was served cold, added a lovely contrast when eaten with the hot curry.

As a drink I had Jasmine flavored Green Tea which costs RM5.90 - and what seemed to be a complete rip off as it was just a mere tea-bag in some hot water, served in a glass.

On the whole, I was filled to the brim that lunch - with my stomach suffering an uneasy feeling due to the spiciness of the curry. Apart from that factor (and the post-meal mess), I would say that it was a reasonably tasty dish, though not really value for money, considering the fact it costs RM13.50


Presentation: 5/10

Ambiance: 4/10

Service: 5/10

Overall Taste: 6/10

General Impression: 5/10

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers,

BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment