12/15/10

Rawang's Famous Steamed Tilapia @ Lan Je

Apologies for the poor quality of photographs, as these photos were taken using my BlackBerry phone.

This visit took place ages back, but honestly speaking - I am still able to taste Rawang's famous Steamed Tilapia in my mouth, a speciality dish of Restaurant Lan Je. This humble restaurant's is as follows: 27-28, Block C, Jalan Rawang, Gerai MPS, Batu 16. I'm not sure if the restaurant is a Halal one, but I do know that they don't serve pork


Each fish costed us around RM18, and can either be shared among 2 people, or if you're really hungry - exclusively for you. The fresh, flaky fish was served with soy-sauce that enhanced its flavour, not having overpowered the natural sweetness of the fish. Ginger and spring onions removed all traces of fishiness and provided warmth and depth to the dish.


You could eat the fish along with some rice, however the fish is good enough to be eaten by its own. My sister's frown, which was evident upon arriving, was now upside down. I, being the glutton that I am, kept picking at the plates of others - after I had licked my fish-bones clean.


My uncle had also placed an order for a vegetable dish - 4-Angled Bean with Belacan (Shrimp Paste). This dish too, was wonderfully prepared. The 4-angled bean was nice and crunchy, and the bellman sauce flavoured it well - with chillies adding a bit of warmth to the palate.


On the whole, a total of 8 Tilapia fish, a few bowls of rice, 2 vegetable dishes and a tofu dish came up to a total of RM 180. This RM180 managed to feed a total of 13 people, which makes this restaurant damn reasonable in terms of pricing - I must say.


Restaurant Lan Je have also opened up branches in Kota Damansara and Plaza Kasturi, in Cheras - but I was told that the quality of food there isn't as good as the establishment in Rawang - though that claim has yet to be proven. If you are into steamed fish, I highly recommend the above franchise.



Presentation: 3/10


Ambiance: 2/10


Service: 5/10


Overall Taste: 8/10


General Impression: 8/10



____________________________________________________________________________



Cheers,


BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment