10/9/11

Bakers Street, Pondicherry

Being a former French colony, Pondicherry is filled with bakeries - a majority of them clustered in and around the French quarter. One of my local relatives took me to Baker's Street, a modern yet chic bakery located in the nostalgic French area, on Rue de Bussy, before Ellaiaman koil Street.


I had myself an Eclair, worth Rs30 (RM2), which were as long as my (very long) hands! The cinnamon-flavored custard inside was nice and rich, and the spongy pastry was topped with a vanilla icing. Really good stuff.


There was also a selection of Macarons to choose from, each astonishingly priced at Rs20 (RM1.70), the cheapest macarons I've had to date. I cleared the entire stock, buying around 10 of them - and they tasted as good as they looked. Just as good as the ones you'd fine at Tea Forty Two or Whisk, but so much cheaper!


Lastly, I had myself a cup of Brewed Coffee to end it all with. A full-bodied cup that really hits all the right notes - my second decent cup of coffee in India, just as good as the one I had at Caravela in Vellankanni.


Definitely a place you should consider, if ever you do find yourself in the French Quarter of Pondicherry. They also serve a variety of good quality French breads, and sandwiches at unbelievably cheap prices. It's also a great place to escape the Indian heat, catch up with other tourists and share experiences.



Presentation: 7/10

Ambiance: 8/10

Service: 6/10

Overall Taste: 5/10

General Impression: 6/10


____________________________________________________________________________


BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment