6/10/10

D'lish Double Cheese Burger

Today while in Bangsar Village, I decided to pay a visit to D’lish for lunch at Bangsar Village. I’ve always loved the place and I’ve been a frequent visitor there – mainly for their Wagyu Beef Pie and their Potato Salad, both of them being mind-blowing in their own special way.


When compared to its bigger sister DELIcious (which itself has its ups and downs) D’lish appeals to me a bit more. I can stroll into the place with a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and enjoy good-tasting comfort food without being given that face of scorn.


The atmosphere is very casual yet chic, with most of their waiters being attentive and a pleasure to talk to. Their chairs are comfortable however the tables have always been too small for my liking. There are individual lights directly each table, which adds to the presentation of the food.


This time, rather than the usual pie and potato salad I opted for something different – namely their Double Cheese Burger with onion rings and a side of chips and a cucumber pickle, priced at RM21.80. You could opt for additional beef bacon on your burger for RM5.80.


I did not bother with the bacon because I like my burgers simple. When portion is concerned, you definitely get your money’s worth. The dish looked lip-smacking with those juicy patties and cheese glistening as the light above my table shone on it.


The onion rings were fried to perfection. The batter was crisp, the onion was moist. The only complaint about this would be that it was a bit too salty for me. The beef patties were cooked well-done and contained a hint of oregano which gave it a nice touch.

The burger came with its own tomato puree, mustard and cheese. The tomato puree and mustard gave nice, subtle flavours however I felt that the ratio of cheese and meat was inadequate. There was too much meat and not enough cheese.


The chips and the pickled salad were nothing to get excited about either. The chips seemed and tasted like those frozen ones in a bag, while the so-called ‘pickled cucumbers’ (along with the lettuce and tomato) tasted as if they were raw.

On the whole, the experience was an average one for me – with the food tasting reasonably good, but not to my expectations. If you wish to try this, then go ahead. I on the other hand, shall stick to my Wagyu Beef Pie and Potato Salad for now.

Presentation: 7/10

Ambiance: 7/10

Service: 8/10

Overall Tate: 5/10

General Impression: 5/10

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers,

BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment