8/11/12

Breakfast at Fauchon

After months of idleness, I'm finally back. This post is regarding breakfast I had at Fauchon, a French establishment founded in 1886, known for their smoked salmon, macarons, chocolates and caviar - among other things.

Located on the Mezzanine Level of KLIA's Satellite Building, the establishment is a small one in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the airport. However, with that being said, its black and pink decor allows it to stand out from the rest.

Being one of the few establishments opened in the wee hours of the morning, I decided to try their breakfast, at a hefty price of RM48. Breakfast came with two pastries, butter and jam, a poached egg, some salad leaves, coffee and juice.



My cup of Brewed Coffee at Fauchon was truly pleasurable, as their nice strong brew awoken my mind and senses after having traveled throughout the night. A great brew to wake up any jet-lagged traveler.



Their juice, however, tasted average. I simply could not distinguish between a glass of Orange Juice at Fauchon to a bottle of Tropicana with orange pulp. I was a bit taken aback at the amount of ice present as well. I'd have expected much less. 



The pastries were very good. The croissant had a lovely flakey exterior and a fluffy interior - I dare not imagine the amount of butter used to have made it. The pastry was also very good, with a generous amount of what seemed to be vanilla custard. However, when you take into account the price of it all, some pastries at Delifrance could have left me just as satisfied.

The poached egg, however, was an absolute disappointment. I could still taste a hint of vinegar and the yolk at the centre was overcooked. I was sorely disappointed, but was too tired to complain.

Though the food was somewhat of a let-down, I must say that the service was absolutely impeccable, with very attentive staff who were very patient with me - having noticed my visibly frustrated face.



I guess, what you pay for when you order this expensive meal, was the small bottle of jam that came with it. It was good apricot jam, however not good enough to warrant the price that came with the breakfast. I suggest stay clear of breakfast at Fauchon, although do drop by for a coffee if you wish to awaken your sluggish selves.



Presentation: 5/10

Ambiance8/10

Service8/10

Overall Taste: 5/10

General Impression: 4/10


____________________________________________________________________________


Cheers,

BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment