8/6/10

Set Lunch at Moxie

I found myself stuck in Damansara Heights one day and decided to try Moxie for lunch, since I have heard a lot about the establishment. Moxie is located on Jalan Medan Setia 2 in Plaza Damansara, Bukit Damansara. Moxie's interior is minimalistic, with no sight of plants or decorative lighting fixtures - though the restaurant had an atmosphere of class, in its own special way.


I had decided to try their Set Lunch Menu, worth RM24. Upon looking at the menu, I was impressed with their variety. There were two varieties of starters and numerous main courses to choose from, and the set included a Glass of Iced Lemon Tea which was clearly home made as there was pulp inside.


As a starter, I ordered the Booster of Fruits Salad with Chunky Tropical Fruit tossed with Yogurt, Honey and Oats. I found it quite odd having fruit salad as a starter, but I was up for it nonetheless. The salad was incredibly fresh, with different fruit adding different flavours and textures to the dish. The oats added a nice crunch to the salad while the yogurt and honey merged all the different flavours together.


The main course that I ordered was the Baked John Dory Fish with Sauteed Spinach, Roasted Potato and Capers Cream Sauce. The dish was beautifully presented on a large square plate. The fish had a nice, crisp skin and was succulent inside. The fish was placed on a bed of spinach, and topped with the capers cream sauce that complemented both the fish and spinach very well.


The spinach too, was soft and well cooked - though, after coming back home and looking over my notes, I realised that they forgot one thing: the potatoes. I was outraged at first, but then realised that I was at fault for not asking them. I had taken note however, that even without the potatoes - I was feeling full.


On the whole, excluding the fact that they forgot my potatoes, my experience at Moxie was a wonderful one, with good quality dishes being served at a relatively affordable price - and I will definitely return. I have also remembered that is important to take a close look at what you've ordered, and to remind the waiters whenever they have forgotten something.



Presentation: 7/10


Ambiance: 7/10


Service: 7/10


Overall Taste: 8/10


General Impression: 8/10


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Cheers,


BrianandRepublic

1 comments:

brandyc.garth@gmail.com said...

It looks so beautiful. Hope to go there with my family. As well as the places at www.xdestination.com and also the cuisines at www.gourmandia.com and www.allthemeat.com. Visit the site to learn new recipes and info’s about places around the world. Enjoy!!

Post a Comment