10/7/11

India - Day 6

Breakfast:


Breakfast was held at some hotel in Thiruvanamalai. This hotel, is popular with the locals who go there after after prayers in their temple. I had a Ghee Dosa with Dhall, Coriander Chutney, Coconut Chutney and Tomato Chutney. In comparison with the breakfast I had at Karaikal on Day 3, this was just as big (though not as salty) and piping hot


Breakfast was accompanied by their Indian Coffee. There is a charm to Indian Coffee that intrigues me. The small cups, the frothy milk, the sweetness of it all; Its wonderful.


Tea:



Teatime was rich in symbolism, as we ate at the childhood home of my grandpa; situated at his village called Athipakam. The house, still owned by distant relatives, is in the middle of nowhere - surrounded by the very groundnut fields my forefathers toiled on. The family living there still continue the tradition. For tea, we had sweet, Floury Balls with Groundnuts inside - food rich in symbolism, as they were the very things my forefathers ate while here.


Dinner:

Dinner was held at the elegant Le Dupleix Hotel, though the elegance proved misleading. Read the review HERE.


BrianandRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment